Contrary to sensationalized news about
Mindanao, Cagayan de oro or cdo is
postcard-perfect for a peaceful & quiet
town. Neither small nor overcrowded,
it has all the attractions it can
offer to tourists or first-time visitors
as well as the convenience of a modern
community.
There is a lot to see and experience
in my charming hometown.The last few
years,people from other parts of the country
are coming by to try what the city is famous
for whitewater rafting,canopy walk and the
macahambus cave.Lately, coffeeshops,hotels
and malls are sprouting up like mushrooms
but i still see some establishments I
recognized when I was a kid.
The city of golden friendship still
remains as one of the most interesting and
peaceful places in Mindanao. It is the gateway
to the south with neighboring towns and cities
like bukidnon, Iligan and even camiguin. The
nearby Del Monte plantation boasts of sweet
pineapples for everyone. I think it has become
the official fruit of cdo. It represents the city
well for being warm and sunny & tropical.
There are lots of beaches and diving spots in
the adjacent towns too.
A land where the water is sweet and the cost of
living low,ideal for vacations as well as for
settling down. It's a place wherethe old meets
new. Over the years, things have changed and
evolved and people have come and gone. But
one thing's for sure,there is no place like
home.The city of golden friendship is home
sweet home indeed.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
= )
I have to "second" your comments. I've visited CDO many times over the years and always find it peaceful, inviting and friendly. More recently, I've found more and more interesting things to do and places to go. It may not be my "home sweet home", but its a "home away from home" for me. (I'm an American, temporarily living in China)
thank u uncle check. you're already considered a local resident here = )
Post a Comment