Saturday, June 7, 2008

My top 5 hotel dining experience in the metro



1 Coffee shop, renaissance hotel makati
I celebrated my independence here as soon as i graduated. I'm used to calling it new world but now they've changed it to renaissance. Still naive but very impulsive then, i used my very first credit card to book myself a 2-night, 3-day pampering here - by myself. It was my first big-ticket purchase as an adult & it felt good. I don't know if it's still there but i like the casual, cozy ambience of the Coffeeshop, i especially like their turkey sandwich & fruit juices.

2 The Lobby / Pool snack bar , peninsula manila
I can't make up my mind which i like better- the good old peninsula lobby, where you can have a delightful lunch listening to the pianist or have their famous afternoon teas or the pool snack bar where they serve yummy sherbets, sandwiches & fruits. I spent my holy week here a couple of years ago & stayed for a few weeks
( company expense, of course ! I used to work for MCI then )


3 Skyline, vivere suites
The food is mostly fusion cuisine but i like how the cheese melts in my cordon bleu. Personally, i think this is the most romantic al-fresco dining in the metro. Hopefully, Paulo & i can have an intimate dinner here again one of these days = )

4 The exchange bar, Richmonde hotel
My work in the field of marketing comes with free lunches, boring meetings & a bad hair day. I could not complain though, at least it did not tie me up to my desk 8 hours a day & i get to have more flexi-time than most of my colleagues.

The exchange bar is a good place to have a casual meeting in the late afternoon & unwind til the evening with their free flowing drinks & pica-pica. Their breakfast buffet is also heavenly, i think i can actually finish a couple of rounds of their home-made corned beef, bacon & pancakes.

5 Lobby lounge, makati shangri-la
I've only dined in the lobby lounge a couple of times but still it's a good place to have an intimate lunch or a casual business meeting. It offers a view of the lush hotel garden & waterfalls & you can actually hear someone play the grand piano in the afternoon which makes you forget about your crappy day at work.

* Since i was mostly there for meetings, i didn't take pics. Nakakahiya kasi sa clients. Promise will take more pics next time = )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

posts like this make me hungry... T_T